We have a very exciting opportunity to join one of Cornwall's ambassador companies, a Queen’s award-winning food business growing fast in global markets. Cornish Sea Salt is part of Provenance Brands Group, which also includes healthy snacking, seaweed commercialisation, bakery & food2go retailing, as well as body & beauty.
Cornish Sea Salt is currently looking to recruit a Senior Production Manager. This role will work between two operational sites and directly contribute to operational performance and fulfil the growing demands on the business. The role will be accountable for the full array of activities across two sites and act as the right hand, reporting to the Managing Director. Looking after production, operations, warehousing and logistics.
The Senior Production Manager is a key influencer in the business, and you will form part of the Senior Management. To be successful in this opportunity you will have strong knowledge of production and operations with the capabilities to drive efficiencies in a fast-paced environment. You will ensure Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to throughout the sites and be responsible for retaining the Grade A BRC accreditation. As a strong leader, you will be involved in the staff appraisal and development process. Although you will be operating as a Senior Production Manager, you will be required to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in too.
Span of control: The role will have 3 main direct reports. Site supervisor, Site Manager and QA Manager. Total headcount circa 38.
Remuneration: Circa £35-45k plus clear bonus structure.
The person will have a strong Production, Operations management background, a proven experience of implementing continuous improvement activities, Lean / Improvement training, and knowledge. You will be naturally disciplined and well-structured with a knack for engaging and motivating members of your team.
- Deliver weekly and monthly operational key performance indicators, with ability to communicate this at all business level
- Create a high performing team by ensuring people management activities such as recruitment, on-boarding, training & development and performance management, are delivered and managed consistently and to a high standard.
- Ensuring efficiency and effectiveness across all elements of the manufacturing performance.
- Develop robust operational procedures and ensure adherence.
- Provide in the moment feedback to colleagues, creating a high support, high challenge culture. Lead, coach, engage and motivate.
- Diligently manage all cost lines within the budget, ensuring all profit protection processes are implemented effectively.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the marketplace in which you operate and have curiosity about competitor activity and what is happening across the industry as a whole.
- Drive weekly team meetings to explore performance and deep dive into areas of opportunity.
- Ensure all business activity complies with the requirements of the Company’s licence, Health & Safety and Food Safety, in order to minimise risk and protect our customers, colleagues and the reputation of the business.
- Support drive technology improvements and our corporate social responsibility.
Application deadline: 10/03/21
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
How to apply:
If you require any further support with understanding or applying to this application, please email our Group Head of HR Claire Seville here.
Closing Date: 11th March 2021